ICE issues arrest detainers for men charged with kidnapping woman in Kansas

ICE issues arrest detainers for men charged with kidnapping woman in Kansas
WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Cowley County attorney said two men have been charged with kidnapping a woman from a casino in Oklahoma and driving to Kansas with her. It happened early Sunday morning, according to the Arkansas City Police Department.

The woman told officers that she had been taken against her will from the First Council Casino and that both had sexually assaulted her while driving to Arkansas City.

Police initially booked Luis Miguel Dominguez, 35, of Arkansas City, on suspicion of rape, aggravated criminal sodomy, and kidnapping, and Jose Fernando-Lux Morales, 24, of Arkansas City, was booked on suspicion of aggravated kidnapping. Court documents show both men have been charged with one count of kidnapping. The two are due back in court on Sept. 2.

Ice issues arrest detainers for men charged with kidnapping woman in kansas 1

Cowley County Attorney Larry Schwartz told KSN News that the investigation is ongoing and involves tribal law enforcement and investigators in both Oklahoma and Kansas. He said charging both men with one count of kidnapping would allow them to detain the men while they continue the investigation.

The Department of Homeland Security announced that U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement issued arrest detainers for both men. A press release said both had illegally crossed the border from Guatemala, Lux Morales, allegedly as an unaccompanied minor in 2018, and Dominguez, in 2013, and that Dominguez has previous criminal cases. 


Discover more from RSS Feeds Cloud

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Discover more from RSS Feeds Cloud

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading