Category: garage fire

Firefighters battle garage fire in South Jordan

SOUTH JORDAN, UT – Crews in South Jordan responded to a garage fire Sunday morning.

The South Jordan Fire Department said the fire occurred at 1945 W. Ingot Way.

According to fire officials on the scene, a man was setting up his lawn mower when gasoline leaked out.

Crews believe sparks came out of the lawn mower, coming into contact with the gasoline causing the fire.

Once the fire started it spread to a detached garage at the man’s home, fire officials said.

One firefighter showed signs of smoke inhalation, but no injuries were reported.

No other details have been confirmed at this time.

Fox 13 has a crew at the scene. More information will be posted as soon as it becomes available.