Categories: Indiana News

EXCLUSIVE: Mark Sanchez thanks surgeon for saving his life in first on-camera interview

INDIANAPOLIS — Former NFL quarterback Mark Sanchez spoke on camera for the first time in an exclusive interview with FOX59/CBS4 outside the Marion County Jail early Sunday.

Sanchez was discharged from the hospital on Sunday, where he was then taken to Marion County Community Justice Center to be booked and processed on his Level 5 felony charge of battery resulting in serious injury. Sanchez has been permitted to leave Indiana, but first had to be fingerprinted and have his mugshot taken.

FOX59/CBS4 were outside the justice center when Sanchez arrived early Sunday, capturing exclusive video of his arrival. After being processed, FOX59’s Russ McQuaid approached Sanchez as he was leaving the justice center and asked him a few questions.

This is the first time Sanchez has spoken on camera since being stabbed in the chest in downtown Indianapolis by a truck driver who claimed self-defense.

“Is there anything you want to say to the people of Indianapolis?” McQuaid asks.

Mark Sanchez takes a moment, then responds, “I’m just focused on my recovery and I just want to thank the first responders, Eskanazi hospital, Marion County Sherif, and the Indianapolis Police Department, metro PD, But I’m focused on my recovery, and I just want to see my wife, I want to see my son, my two baby girls.

“They’ll be a day to answer all these questions, and unfortunately, today is not that day.”

McQuaid then asks if Sanchez has anything he wants to say to Perry Tole, the truck driver who was allegedly attacked by Sanchez and seriously injured. Tole told police he stabbed Sanchez in self-defense, due to fearing for his life, after first trying to use pepper spray to ward off Sanchez.

Sanchez didn’t speak on Tole, however, and instead thanked the surgeon who saved his life.

“I guess the real thing here is I just want to thank Dr. Mosler, the surgeon. She saved my life. So I’m grateful for that,” Sanchez said.

In the days since the attack, the 69-year-old Tole and his attorney have filed a lawsuit against Sanchez and FOX Sports. Sanchez had been in town to call the Colts-Raiders game prior to winding up in jail with multiple stab wounds to his chest.

The next event scheduled in Sanchez’s court case is set for Nov. 5. It’s a pretrial conference that will be held at 1 p.m.

rssfeeds-admin

Share
Published by
rssfeeds-admin

Recent Posts

Resident Evil Movie Director Says Fans Would Be ‘Bummed’ If He ‘Just Did the Story of the Games’

Resident Evil director Zach Cregger has seen the calls for his movie to stick closer…

56 minutes ago

Workday continues growth at the start of Fiscal FY 2027

Workday has beaten analyst expectations in its first quarter results for Fiscal 2027. Revenue rose…

1 hour ago

Epicor takes a community approach to Agentic AI

Epicor is holding its Insights conference this week in Nashville. With around 4,000 attendees, it…

1 hour ago

Vampyros Lesbos/She Killed in Ecstasy Review

Before exploitation film legend Jesús Franco Manera – usually known as Jess Franco – met…

2 hours ago

Nginx-poolslip Vulnerability Enables DoS and Code Execution Attacks — Patch Now!

A newly disclosed flaw in one of the world’s most widely deployed web servers is…

3 hours ago

Americans Overwhelmingly Oppose Data Centers. Women Most of All

Written by Jenae Barnes, The 19th This story was originally reported by The 19th. As…

3 hours ago

This website uses cookies.