Florida man wanted after being convicted in 11 Mississippi auto burglaries
Madison and Rankin Counties’ District Attorney John K. “Bubba” Bramlett announced that Victor Andrew Ogiste, 29, of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, was convicted by a jury on September 16, 2025, of 11 counts of auto burglary and one count of conspiracy after a two day trial.
On October 13, 2023, Madison police were notified that multiple cars in the parking lot of Burn Boot Camp had been burglarized. The victims had attended the 5:00 a.m. workout class. Multiple items were reported stolen, including purses, wallets, bank cards and checkbooks.
After reviewing surveillance video, officers noticed a 2022 Toyota RAV4 enter the parking lot shortly before 5:00 a.m. They said an individual exited the car and committed the auto burglaries. Officers were able to obtain the tag number of the vehicle and uploaded it into their license plate reader system.
Madison police were notified that on October 11, 2023, a Burn Boot Camp in Oxford had a similar occurrence where multiple cars were broken into during its 5:00 a.m. class. The investigation led officers to a rented Airbnb in Hattiesburg.
With assistance from Forrest County deputies, investigators executed a search warrant on the house and vehicles in Hattiesburg. They located multiple items from both the Madison and Oxford burglaries including victims’ credit cards, driver licenses and other personal belongings.
Officers discovered that the suspected burglars were driving a Chrysler 300 and were able to obtain a new tag number. Officers in Trussville, Alabama, located the vehicle and made a traffic stop.
The driver, who was identified as Ogiste, and two other individuals were located inside the car along with multiple cell phones. Investigators said during a forensic examination of Ogiste’s cell phone, they discovered that he had searched the locations of multiple Burn Boot Camps.
Ogiste had been scheduled for trial during a previous court appearance. He informed his attorney that he would not be returning for trial and did not appear. Bramlett said Ogiste was tried in absentia.
The court found that Ogiste had knowingly and voluntarily absented himself and issued a bench warrant. His whereabouts are currently unknown. Once located, Bramlett said Ogiste will be brought back to Madison County Circuit Court to be sentenced. He faces a possible 82 years in prison without the possibility of parole.
According to Bramlett, Ogiste’s co-defendant also failed to appear in court, and warrants are out for his arrest.
Imagine if in The Force Awakens, Han Solo had turned out to have arranged for…
From Feudal Japan to Ancient Greece to the Italian Renaissance, the Assassin's Creed series has…
The U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has added a critical Langflow vulnerability to…
The Middle East telecom and hosting infrastructure has emerged as a major backbone for global…
Threat actors are rapidly scaling their efforts to exploit the 2026 FIFA World Cup, with…
The U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has added two actively exploited Microsoft Defender…
This website uses cookies.