- EBR Schools kicks off football season with ‘Battle on the Bluff’ Jamboree
- Piles of human cremated remains discovered outside Las Vegas
- ‘De minimis’ exemptions set to end globally Friday: What does it mean?
- Team USA speedskater found his lane from Olympic spectator to medal hopeful
- Trump fires Fed governor Lisa Cook, opening new front in fight for control over central bank
A district judge had previously blocked Edwards’ attempt to merge the fire department and emergency medical services. A temporary restraining order was granted to stop the board from voting on the proposal. Edwards said the Monday vote was on the heels of the dissolution of the order.
“Last week I mentioned that I would respect the (judicial) process, and today I was pleased to see the process work,” Edwards said. “I have always said I want what’s best for our parish.”
In June, Edwards announced his plans to merge the departments to streamline operations. The plan proposed that emergency medical services workers join the fire and police civil service system. He said no layoffs would result from the merger proposal.
Latest News
Discover more from RSS Feeds Cloud
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
