Categories: Arkansas News

Arkansas man sentenced for negligent homicide connected to crash that killed 1, injured 5

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — An Arkansas man will spend the next two decades behind bars for charges connected to a crash last year that killed one person and injured five, including himself, according to court documents.
Alexander Rios-Rodriguez, 28 (Courtesy: Washington County Detention Center)

Alexander Rios-Rodriguez, 28, of Russellville, was sentenced to 20 years in prison for one count of negligent homicide and three counts of second-degree battery.

Rios-Rodriguez changed his plea during a status hearing on Monday.

Court documents said between 4:30 and 5 a.m. on Jan. 14, 2024, Rios-Rodriguez was traveling east on Fulbright Expressway in Fayetteville. Rio-Rodriguez’s vehicle collided with another vehicle head-on.

The front seat passenger of the other vehicle, a 12-year-old girl, was killed in the crash. Three others in the vehicle, including the driver, were critically injured and taken to a nearby hospital.

Rios-Rodriguez was also injured in the crash and provided a blood sample. The sample determined that his blood‐alcohol level was 0.13%, 0.5% above the legal limit.

He was arrested on Jan. 30, 2024.

rssfeeds-admin

Share
Published by
rssfeeds-admin

Recent Posts

Ranking the Star Wars Movies From Worst to Best

The only thing Star Wars fans love more than Star Wars is arguing about which…

7 minutes ago

Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Resynced Confirmed to Feature Drunk Load Screen After Ubisoft Post Confuses Fans

Ubisoft has confirmed Assassin's Creed Black Flag Resynced will still let Edward Kenway get drunk…

6 hours ago

The Boys Actor Antony Starr Says Goodbye to Homelander With Spoiler-Heavy Behind-the-Scenes Photos

Now that The Boys is finally over, actor Antony Starr has taken to Instagram to…

8 hours ago

The Boys Actor Antony Starr Says Goodbye to Homelander With Spoiler-Heavy Behind-the-Scenes Photos

Now that The Boys is finally over, actor Antony Starr has taken to Instagram to…

8 hours ago

The Boys Actor Antony Starr Says Goodbye to Homelander With Spoiler-Heavy Behind-the-Scenes Photos

Now that The Boys is finally over, actor Antony Starr has taken to Instagram to…

8 hours ago

The Boys Actor Antony Starr Says Goodbye to Homelander With Spoiler-Heavy Behind-the-Scenes Photos

Now that The Boys is finally over, actor Antony Starr has taken to Instagram to…

8 hours ago

This website uses cookies.