Woman pleads guilty in attempt to kidnap baby at Baton Rouge hospital

BATON ROUGE, La. (Louisiana First) — A woman accused of attempting to kidnap a baby from Our Lady of the Lake Hospital in Baton Rouge has taken a plea deal.

According to the East Baton Rouge District Attorney’s Office, Dinesty Selmon, 22, pled guilty to one count of unauthorized entry of a place of business on Thursday, May 15.

The district attorney’s office said she won’t be going to jail and is on active supervised probation for three years.

Selmon has to continue the following:

  • Mental and psych treatment.
  • Engage in treatment and therapy.
  • Stay away from the hospital.
  • Effective Decision-Making Course.
  • Anger management.
  • 50 hours of community service.
  • Maintain employment or student status.

Accused of lying to her boyfriend about the child being his baby

The Baton Rouge Police Department said Selmon obtained a parent or caregiver badge and repeatedly visited the hospital, using false information to access the baby’s room. A nurse who noticed her visits contacted the intensive care unit, where staff discovered Selmon had been entering the child’s room for several weeks.

Selmon allegedly told her boyfriend that the child was theirs and gave a fake name for the baby, officials said. The boyfriend called the hospital and requested more information about the baby, but was told those records didn’t exist.

She was arrested and initially charged with attempted kidnapping and seven counts of unauthorized entry of a business.

Latest News


Discover more from RSS Feeds Cloud

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Discover more from RSS Feeds Cloud

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading