The Hanover Park native announced her congressional bid in a video shared Wednesday morning.
In the video, Bankole said she plans to protect and strengthen Medicare and Social Security, while addressing the state’s “healthcare crisis” and getting more families affordable homes.
“I’m running for Illinois 8th’ congressional district because it’s time for a new generation to lead the way and bring the change that we need,” Bankole said. “The Trump Administration is making it harder than ever to serve the people of our district because he doesn’t care if we succeed. Working for Congressman Krishnamoorthi and for the past six years for Senator Dick Durbin, I’ve seen what’s possible when you put the people of Illinois first every day. In Congress, I’ll work every day to put more money in the pockets of Illinois working families, protect and strengthen Medicare and Social Security, address our healthcare crisis and get more families into homes they can afford.”
Bankole is looking to fill the seat that would be left behind by Congressman Raja Krishnamoorthi, who recently launched his bid to succeed Dick Durbin. Krishnamoorthi has represented Illinois’ 8th congressional district since 2017.
Bankole had previously worked for Rep. Krishnamoorthi as a Constituent Services Liaison. She currently serves as a Trustee of Hanover Park and as Regional Director for U.S. Senator Dick Durbin.
Durbin, the Senate minority whip and the longest-serving senator in Illinois’ history, announced that he would not seek a sixth term in office back in April.
Bankole’s announcement comes a little over a week after State Senator Laura Fine announced that she would be running for Illinois’ 9th Congressional District after Rep. Jan Schakowsky indicated that she would not seek another term.
Ubisoft has confirmed Assassin's Creed Black Flag Resynced will still let Edward Kenway get drunk…
Now that The Boys is finally over, actor Antony Starr has taken to Instagram to…
Now that The Boys is finally over, actor Antony Starr has taken to Instagram to…
Now that The Boys is finally over, actor Antony Starr has taken to Instagram to…
Now that The Boys is finally over, actor Antony Starr has taken to Instagram to…
A new weekend has arrived, and today, you can save big on the M5 MacBook…
This website uses cookies.