CHICAGO (WGN) — A 15-year-old boy faces a felony weapons charge in connection with the shooting of a tourist near the AMC Theater in Streeterville earlier this month, Chicago police said Monday.
Authorities say the 15-year-old boy was taken into custody on Monday after detectives identified him as the alleged shooter responsible for the March 9 incident in the 300 block of E Illinois St.
WGN News previously reported that shots rang out around 8 p.m. near East Illinois Street and North McClurg Court during an argument after theater personnel instructed a group of teens to leave.
According to Chicago Ald. Brian Hopkins (2nd Ward), the juvenile male pulled a gun from his backpack and fired several shots, with one bullet piercing the coat of the 46-year-old Connecticut woman, striking her in the arm. Witnesses who spoke with WGN said they heard about five or six shots.
The female tourist survived.
Authorities charged the 15-year-old with aggravated battery by firearm discharge.
SPEEDWAY, Ind. (WOWO) — The Indianapolis 500 paddock was rocked on Monday when Alexander Rossi‘s…
Corey Minor Smith of Canton, Ohio holds a “Black Voters Matter” sign while marching over…
Summer isn't here quite yet but already the heat's starting to turn up in some…
PlayStation seems to be waving the white flag on its PC strategy, at least when…
New PlayStation console owners have launched a new class-action lawsuit in an effort to claim…
Five months after the Stranger Things finale, series creators the Duffer Brothers have admitted they…
This website uses cookies.