On March 4, 41-year-old Adam Lansky was arrested after authorities linked him to reports of someone throwing Molotov cocktails and shooting at a Salem Tesla dealership on two separate occasions.
The first instance involved someone throwing Molotov cocktails at the Tesla dealership on Jan. 20, according to court documents.
A month later, on Feb. 19, officials received reports that someone had caused damage by firing bullets into the building and a vehicle. Court documents said the suspect had been seen carrying an AR-15-style rifle with a suppressor.
No suspects were found at the scene on either occasion, according to police.
However, investigators said Lansky could be spotted in surveillance footage throwing the Molotov cocktails that “struck a dealership building and several vehicles” in January and his car could be seen parked near the dealership during the second attack in February.
Lansky was charged by criminal complaint with illegally possessing an unregistered destructive device in a federal court.
However, U.S. Attorney General Pamela Bondi announced each of the three suspects — including Lanksy — now face serious federal charges, which would carry a five-year minimum sentence and a maximum of 20 years in prison.
“The days of committing crimes without consequence have ended,” Bondi said. “Let this be a warning: if you join this wave of domestic terrorism against Tesla properties, the Department of Justice will put you behind bars.”
Lansky will remain in custody until his next court appearance.
KOIN 6 News will continue to follow this story.
Discover more from RSS Feeds Cloud
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
