The worst part is, v4.16 was a highly anticipated release, and one I was really happy to get out into the world. You see, after quite a few requests, v4.16 finally brought multilingual support to DomainMOD. It was a pretty big overhaul to the software as a whole, but it’s finally complete, and I couldn’t be happier!
As of today, DomainMOD supports Dutch, English (CA), English (US), French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish. We’re always looking to improve our translations, as well as add more languages, so if you’re interested in contributing head on over to our translations repository.
As for v4.17, which was just released today, it was mostly a security and maintenance release, however there are still a couple items that are worth mentioning.
First, we’ve added a new URL custom field type, which allows you to keep track of various URLs related to your domains and SSL certificates, such as webmail clients, control panels, etc. Although this field works pretty much just like a regular text field does, the system will recognize it as a URL and treat it a bit differently.
Second, we’ve once again had to change the currency converter that we use. Unfortunately, free currency converters with an API that don’t require an account are pretty scarce these days, and they don’t seem to stick around for very long. Every provider we’ve used in the past has either disappeared or changed their requirements, but we’ve implemented a new one that seems to be working well, so if you’ve been having issues with currency conversions lately you may want to give v4.17 a try.