Nano is a powerful text editor that is widely used on Unix-like operating systems, including Linux. Whether you are a developer, system administrator, or just a regular user, you may need to copy and paste text in Nano. In this article, we will show you how to copy and paste in Nano.
Copying in Nano
To copy the text in Nano, you need to follow these steps:
- Move the cursor to the beginning of the text you want to copy.
- Press the “Ctrl + 6” key at the same time. This will mark the beginning of your selection.
- Move the cursor to the end of the text you want to copy.
- Press the “Alt + 6” to copy the selected text to the clipboard. (To cut the selected text press “Ctrl + k”)
That’s it! You have now copied text in Nano.
Pasting in Nano
To paste text in Nano, you need to follow these steps:
- Move the cursor to the location where you want to paste the text.
- Press the “Ctrl + u” key at the same time to paste the text from the clipboard.
That’s it! You have now pasted text in Nano.
Copying and pasting text in Nano is a simple process that can help you work more efficiently. By following the steps we have outlined in this article, you can copy and paste text in Nano with ease. With a little practice, you will be able to use Nano to edit text quickly and efficiently.