Sometimes you may notice a strange caching behavior by the applications running in IIS. Today I found that my ASP.NET application showed a blank page. It is hosted on Windows Server 2019 in Azure Platform. I tried multiple times to resolve the issue but did not get success.
After searching about the issue, I found a suggestion in Google search to remove all ASP.NET temporary files. Once I removed all the temporary files, the application start working again.
Remove ASP.NET Temp Files in Windows
To clear the temporary files do the following on both the Web Server:
- Log in to the server and open IIS.
- Stop IIS service. Run “iisreset /stop” in the command prompt to stop the IIS service.
- Navigate to the below directories:
- “C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv4.0.30319Temporary ASP.NET Files”
- “C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFramework64v4.0.30319Temporary ASP.NET Files”
- Remove all files under both directoires.
- Start IIS service. Run “iisreset /start” in the command prompt to stop the IIS service.
Even you can remove the temporary file without stopping the IIS server. Hope this tutorial helps you to resolve the caching-related issue on your Windows server.
The post How to Clear the ASP.NET Temporary files in Windows appeared first on TecAdmin.