Howdy, Woo Developer Community! Here are some updates of recent happenings that you may have missed over the past month. Some items are detailed in previous posts on this blog, and other items are pulled from sources like GitHub. We’ve packaged everything into a digest to help keep everyone in the loop.
- ICYMI: There was a recent advisory with guidance for developers about how to deconflict different versions of Action Scheduler.
- Speaking of Action Scheduler, version 3.4.0 is out as of today! It brings more stability, configuration options, and performance improvements.
- WooCommerce’s repository is being restructured into a monorepo. You can read more about the rationale behind this decision in a recent announcement about unification efforts.
- WooCommerce 5.8 was released October 12, 2021. It brings many improvements, such as fixes to usability problems with dropdowns and enhancements that add
modified_afterfields to REST API endpoints for product, order, and coupon records. Maintainers of third-party extensions should be aware of a potential breaking change in this release stemming from the removal of a number of settings from the
wc_adminnamespace within the
wc/datastore. You can read about everything that has changed in the changelog.txt file.
- The Release Candidate for WooCommerce 5.9 was released on October 26, 2021. In addition to updated versions of WooCommerce Admin and WooCommerce Blocks, it includes a redesigned Marketplace page, enhancements to the REST API, and fixes related to tax calculations. For more info, you can read about the changes that landed in the Beta release or take a look at the changelog.txt file.
- WooCommerce Admin 2.7.1 was released October 1, 2021. It includes numerous fixes and tweaks, as well as enhancements like a REST API endpoint for working with task lists. You can read see more of what has changed by exploring the changelog for WooCommerce Admin 2.7.1.
- WooCommerce 2.7.2 was released October 11, 2021. It includes a fix for an issue where the Analytics module would crash due to daylight savings time.
- The Release Candidate for WooCommerce Admin 2.8.0 is now available](https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce-admin/releases/tag/v2.8.0-rc.3). It includes fixes for issues related to navigation and bulk note deletion, and it adds Square as an option for French users. You can read more about updates in the changelog.txt file for 2.8.0.
- WooCommerce Blocks 6.1.0 was released October 12, 2021. It includes fixes for translation loading in the All Products block as well as fixes for issues such as alignment and indentation in other blocks. You can read more about these changes in the changelog entry.
- WooCommerce Blocks 6.2.0 was released October 28, 2021. Most notably, this release includes a new iteration of the Cart block that uses Inner Blocks, which provides merchants more flexibility and control over the layout and composition of the Cart block. It includes other enhancements and fixes as well, so be sure to check those out in the changelog entry for 6.2.0.
We want to hear from you
If you’re reading this, drop us a line in the comments below to let us know how you’re liking this community news format. We want to make sure we’re sharing information and engaging with the community in an impactful and efficient way. And as always, feel free to ask us questions in the comments below or join us for Developer Office Hours on Wednesdays at 14:00 UTC in the
#developers channel of the WooCommerce Community Slack.