Photos: Seattle Sounders fans celebrate team’s second MLS Cup victory with march and rally
Seattle Sounders players, coaches, staff and fans took to the streets of downtown Seattle today to celebrate the team’s second MLS Cup victory — a resounding 3-1 win over Toronto FC on Sunday in front of a record crowd at CenturyLink Field.
The team held a parade from Westlake Center to a fan rally at Seattle Center. Two special guests, Seahawks QB Russell Wilson and singer Ciara introduced the team at the rally. The couple are new members of the Seattle Sounders ownership group.
A group of players actually couldn’t attend the rally, being called up to international assignments for various countries, but the group conveyed their wishes to fans in a video greeting.
Enjoy the scenes from the rally below and see more of our recent Sounders coverage:
- Scenes from the epic Sounders MLS Cup win: Tech execs enjoy championship as new owners
- Photos: Thousands of Sounders fans crowd Seattle park for pre-MLS Cup party with Macklemore
- Seismologists register ‘fan quakes’ from the Seattle Sounders’ stadium crowd
- From new owners to on-field analytics, here’s how technology impacts the Seattle Sounders FC
- Seattle vs. Toronto: Ranking their tech hubs and sports clout as cities face off for MLS Cup
- Seattle Sounders connect with diehard fan whose rave green celebration stood out in L.A. and online
- Satya Nadella and other Sounders owners on how they’ve applied lessons from sports to business